Commitment to Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
- Camp Oasis only collects personal information necessary for us to carry out its functions and activities such as:
- to enable you and others to obtain the benefit of, and participate in, the services and facilities we provide;
- to provide you with helpful information;
- to provide you with information you have requested from us;
- to enable Camp Oasis to respond to enquiries made through our website; and
- to enable us to determine the types of services users desire; and
- to provide you with information about matters Camp Oasis considers may be of interest to you.
- The types of personal information that we collect generally includes names, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, facsimile numbers, and other contact details.
- If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Camp Oasis will collect personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information when you register on our website and when you submit queries and other forms on our website. Information is collected from you when you use our website. How you use our website (and the services we provide by means of it) will determine what information we collect form you.
- We will collect personal information from you or about you when you use our website by doing things such as completing an online form or providing information to us by email.
- Camp Oasis will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We only use or disclose personal information we collect about you in compliance with the Privacy Act, 1988.
- We will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of our business, including those purposes outlined under the heading “Collection of Personal Information” above, or other purposes related to that purpose such as marketing and where you consent to such disclosure. Personal information that you submit to us may be used and disclosed by us to the extent authorised by you or as reasonably required in connection with the operation of our business and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, account or phone number will only be disclosed where we are required by law to disclose that information or on the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:a. enable you and others to obtain the benefit of, and participate in, the services and facilities we provide;
b. conform to legal requirements; and
c. protect and defend our rights.
We may disclose your personal information to third party organisations such as contractors who assist us in operation of our business to enable those contractors to perform functions on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal information to organisations who provide services and benefits to persons with whom we do business to enable those persons to effectively carry out those services and provide those benefits. Where information is disclosed to such third parties we will seek to prohibit the third party from using your personal information except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
- By providing personal information to us you consent to the disclosures and uses set out in this Policy.
- Wherever it is lawful and practicable to do so, Camp Oasis will provide you with the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with us. However, we will require your personal information to enable you and others to obtain the benefit of, and participate in, the services and facilities we provide and, where necessary, to verify your identity.
- Once you disclose your identify to us you cease to be anonymous.
Quality and Security of your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable steps to seek to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by a range of security measures.
- We will take reasonable steps to implement and maintain security precautions and endeavour to prevent unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, information you provide to us. However, as no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, Camp Oasis is unable to guarantee that unauthorised access to submitted information will not occur, either during transmission of that information or after we receive that information.
Links to other Sites
- Camp Oasis Web site may contain links to Web sites of other companies and organisations. Camp Oasis is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of such Web sites.
Access and Correction of your Personal Information and Data Quality
- If you wish to access personal information about you held by Camp Oasis or alter it or raise any matter in respect of it with us please send a written request by post to us at PO Box 313, Mount Evelyn Vic 3796, marked for the attention of “The Manager”. We will provide you with access to the personal information held upon receiving a request from you except where we refuse access to that information in conformity with the Act. If we deny your request for access to personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for that denial. We may recover an amount from you to cover our reasonable costs of providing you with access to that personal information.